Julie discovered yoga in 2005. At that time, neither yoga mats nor yoga pants were ubiquitous on the streets of Boston, but studios were opening their doors and Julie found them to be a welcoming new world. Julie quickly joined a studio close to her office and another close to her home. As the practice permeated further into her daily life, it began working its magic. Julie embarked on her first yoga teacher training in 2010. She completed two other teacher trainings over the next few years. In 2015, Julie began teaching public classes at gyms and studios in Boston. Julie is thrilled to be offering paddleboard yoga classes this season. Julie has been paddling for well over a decade and practicing on the water with SUP YO since 2014. The floating studio is perhaps her favorite. When she is not practicing yoga or sup, you likely will find Julie practicing law (she works full-time as a litigation attorney); practicing French, her second language; and definitely practicing gratitude. Julie strives to provide students an opportunity to breathe and move mindfully and to connect to their inner selves and innate strength.
- Back Bay Yoga Certified Yoga Teacher—200 hours
- YogaWorks Certified Yoga Teacher—200 hours
- Restorative Yoga Teacher Training with Judith Hanson Lasater—40 hours
- Iyengar Yoga Immersion—30 hours
- Certified Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) Yoga Teacher—25 hours
- Level 1 Meditation
- Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED Certified