Paddleboard Yoga Teacher Training Certification Programs
Learn to teach Yoga on a Stand Up Paddleboard
Next Training: May 11-13, 2023 | Boston Location
Our 25-hour certification course covers the following:
- Basic Equipment: Use and handling of Paddleboard, Paddle & Anchor, Paddle Types, Basic Board Layout, Transporting boards
- Basics of SUP: Land & Water: Entering/Exiting, Maneuvering, Proper Paddle Technique, Equipment Selection, Navigate Confidently and Correctly, etc.
- Paddle Skills continued
- Instruction for the SUP Beginner:
- Water Safety: US Coast Guard Laws, Water Safety, Rescue
- General Safety
- Logistics: Weather, Surrounding Environment, Varying Levels of Paddlers and Yoga Students, etc.
- On Land & On Water Lessons
- SUP Yoga: Anchoring, Classroom orientation, Building your foundation, Sequencing from beginner to advanced.
- SUP Yoga Gear: How to choose and use the correct boards for yoga. What gear is needed and legally required, what gear an instructor should always carry and how to use it.
- How to create a SUP Yoga Business of your own
- Registered Yoga Teacher – 200 hour or above OR currently enrolled in a 200-hour program
- Must understand/be able to properly use Stand Up Paddle gear.
- Must be comfortable on the water with strong paddling and teaching skills.
- Must be able to swim
- Must be First Aid & CPR Certified and submit proof of certification prior to course
What You Will Earn:
- SUP YO Adventures Paddleboard Yoga Certificate – 25 hours
- Credits can be applied towards your Yoga Alliance Continuing Education (YA CE)
- Tuition: $895 includes: 25-Hour course, Manual, Rental Equipment
- Course to be held Thursday-Saturday, 8 hours each day + homework
This 3 day course will operate 8AM-5PM Daily, with an early departure on Day 3.
Schedule as Follows: (Subject to Change)
Thursday, May 11 (8.5 hours)
8:30 AM – 9:00 AM: Introductions & Onsite Overview
9:00 AM – 10:00 AM: Agenda Overview, Manual Overview, Equipment Overview, Q & A
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM: Paddle Drills on water
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Proper Use and Care of Equipment, Basic Board Layout, Paddle Layout, Paddle Types
12:00 PM – 12:30 PM Lunch
12:30 PM – 1:30 PM: Paddle Skills (manual), Paddle Techniques (manual),
1:30 – 3:00 PM: Paddle Skills (on water), Paddle Techniques (on water)
3:00 – 4:00: SUP Safety, Student Safety, Safety Regulations
4:00 – 5:00: Overview of today’s training, pass out homework
Homework 15 mins
Friday, May 12 (8.5 hours)
8:30 AM – 9:00 AM: Homework Review and Q&A from training day 1
9:00 AM – 10:15 AM: SUP Yoga Class taught by Jana
10:30 AM – 12:00 PM: Stand Up Paddleboard Yoga, Sequencing, anchoring
12:00 PM – 12:30 PM: Lunch
12:30 PM – 3:00 PM: SUP Yoga practice poses/Round Robin/Anchoring (on water)
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM: Rescue Drills (on water)
4:00 PM – 5:00 PM: Overview of today’s training, pass out homework
Homework 15 mins
Saturday, May 13 (7.5 hours)
8:30 AM: – 9:00 AM: Homework Review and Q&A from training day 2
9:00 AM: – 12:00 PM: Anchoring / Round Robin continued
12:00 PM- 12:30 PM: Lunch
12:30 – 1:00 Prep for mini classes
1:00 PM – 3:00 PM: Teach your own SUP Yoga class on water (20 mins)
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM: The SUP Yoga Business, Closing Q&A, Graduation