Teacher Training Certification Programs
Learn to teach Yoga on a Stand Up Paddleboard
Our 25-hour certification course covers the following:
- Basic Equipment: Use and handling of Paddleboard, Paddle & Anchor, Paddle Types, Basic Board Layout, Transporting boards
- Basics of SUP: Land & Water: Entering/Exiting, Maneuvering, Proper Paddle Technique, Equipment Selection, Navigate Confidently and Correctly, etc.
- Paddle Skills continued
- Instruction for the SUP Beginner:
- Water Safety: US Coast Guard Laws, Water Safety, Rescue
- General Safety
- Logistics: Weather, Surrounding Environment, Varying Levels of Paddlers and Yoga Students, etc.
- On Land & On Water Lessons
- SUP Yoga: Anchoring, Classroom orientation, Building your foundation, Sequencing from beginner to advanced.
- SUP Yoga Gear: How to choose and use the correct boards for yoga. What gear is needed and legally required, what gear an instructor should always carry and how to use it.
- How to create a SUP Yoga Business of your own
- Registered Yoga Teacher – 200 hour or above
- Must understand/be able to properly use Stand Up Paddle gear.
- Must be comfortable on the water with strong paddling and teaching skills.
- Must be able to swim
- Must be First Aid & CPR Certified
What You Will Earn:
- SUP YO Adventures Paddleboard Yoga Certificate – 25 hours
- Credits can be applied towards your Yoga Alliance Continuing Education (YA CE)
- Tuition: $595 includes: 25-Hour course, Manual, Rental Equipment
Frequently asked questions
Who can register for SUP Yoga TT?
- Students must have a 200-hour teacher training certification or be currently enrolled in a program to qualify.
- Students must be CPR & First Aid certified.
- Students must have strong paddling skills and be comfortable on the water.
What should I bring?
- A Complete Packing list will be provided at time of registration.
DO I need my own equipment?
All equipment is included in the price of the program.
Damaged or Lost Equipment Clause
In the event of damaged or lost equipment, including anchors, paddles, SUP’s and PFD’s, it is 100% the responsibility of the renter to repair or replace what has been lost or damaged.
Payments & Cancellation Policy
- The per person cost includes manual, board rental, paddle, anchor, PFD (personal floatation device) and instruction by a certified SUP Yoga instructor.
- Since classes sell out in advance, we have a strict cancellation policy. Please read carefully below:
- No refunds are available for cancellations and/or no shows. If you must cancel, please do so within 7 days prior to the event by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. No refunds will be processed outside of 7 days.
- If the program is cancelled by SUP YO for any reason, you may receive a refund.